LABEL4FUTURE: Driving the green transition through circular economy innovation
Label4Future is an innovative project supported by Interreg Europe Interregional Investment Instrument (I3) funding scheme, aimed at supporting the transition to a circular economy in EU less developed regions, with a particular focus on the plastic industry and interconnected sectors.
By bringing together stakeholders from various sectors, including creative industry professionals, researchers, local government authorities, and plastic industry businesses, Label4Future seeks to create new opportunities, promote cross-sectoral collaboration, and drive change in the market of EU less developed regions, building capacities of local SMEs to participate in the European value chain.
Through workshops, living labs, mentoring, and design support, the project encourages stakeholders to imagine future scenarios, develop innovative solutions, and test them in real-life environments.
The project also facilitates the formation of strategic partnerships and alliances, enabling stakeholders to overcome gaps in capacities, skills, and attitudes and participate in the broader EU market.
1. Open CallLabel4Future invites stakeholders from plastic industry from EU less developed regions to apply with an innovation project they have in the pipeline to further develop it and test it in real environment during the project period.
2. Future Scenarios DevelopmentLabel4Future engages stakeholders in the creation of future scenarios that consider alternative outcomes and possibilities. It also assists stakeholders in defining, visualizing, and engaging with the principles of circularity and green transition.
3. Innovation LabsThe project organizes intensive workshops and hands-on innovation labs in Prague, Vienna, and Ljubljana. These labs bring together participants and creative industry professionals to work on concrete innovation projects related to circular models. Thematic focuses, such as policy innovation, business model innovation, and product/service innovation, guide the workshops. The labs are complemented by study visits to organizations already innovating within the project’s framework.
4. Changemakers Meetup and ForumsLabel4Future facilitates intensive innovation workshops and forums, such as the Changemakers Meetup in Linz, Austria. These events provide a platform for stakeholders to deeply engage with the urgent needs for transforming business models and practices. The meetup also serves as an opportunity to communicate and share the project’s outcomes and lessons learned.
1. LEARNBuilding capacity and tools to understand, imagine, and specify future challenges in the context of the green transition and circular economy. The project aims to build the capacity of SMEs, local public authorities, and research institutions in EU less developed regions. Through workshops, mentoring, and financial support, Label4Future provides participants with the tools and knowledge to understand value chains, develop new models, and implement circular economy practices.
2. ENGAGEAnalyzing European value chains and articulating stakeholders‘ own business models, products, and services.
3. GROWPrioritizing, designing, and implementing innovation projects that contribute to building capacities of SMEs, local public authorities, and research institutions.
4. INVOLVEFostering multi-stakeholder cooperation on both interregional and cross-sectoral levels.
5. NURTUREProviding continuous systematic institutional support for research, development, and innovation in the transition to circular economy models.
1. SMEsSmall and medium-sized enterprises stand to benefit from Label4Future by gaining access to tools, expertise, and support to transition to circular business models. The project provides them with the opportunity and financing to develop innovative products that align with circular economy principles. This can lead to increased competitiveness, job creation, and access to new markets.
2. Local GovernmentsLabel4Future supports local governments in their efforts to drive the green transition and implement circular economy practices. The project provides them with knowledge, tools, and policy frameworks to develop and prioritize innovation projects.
3. Research InstitutionsResearch institutions benefit from Label4Future by participating in collaborative research and development activities. They have the opportunity to contribute their expertise, conduct studies, and provide valuable insights into the green transition and circular economy innovation. Through their involvement, research institutions can strengthen their networks, enhance their reputation, and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the field.
Partners CREATIVE INDUSTRY KOSICE (CIKE) (SK), STICHTING EUROPEAN CREATIVE BUSINESS NETWORK (ECB Network) (NE), GOSPODARSKA ZBORNICA SLOVENIJE (CCIS) (SL), AUSTRIA WIRTSCHAFTSSERVICE (AWS) (AT), ARS ELECTRONICA (AT), KREATIVINI PRAHA (SK), TECHNICKA UNIVERZITA V KOSICIACH (TUKE) (SK).
Funding scheme: Interregional Innovation
Duration: 1.1.2024 – 31.12.2025