Looking for a quick answer? Just enter keyword here, we show relevant answers:
From Wednesday, 7 September to Sunday, 11 September 2022, the next Ars Electronica Festival will take place as a hybrid format consisting of onsite offerings in Linz, Austria, and several online program points. Numerous exhibitions, concerts, talks, conferences, workshops and guided tours will be part of the program and can once again be increasingly experienced in Linz in 2022. Therefore, we are looking forward to welcoming our international guests in Linz again this year. In 2022, a total of eleven locations in the Linz city area will be played. KEPLER’S GARDENS on the extensive campus of Johannes Kepler University Linz will once again be a hotspot, while LENTOS Kunstmuseum, Linz Art University, St. Mary’s Cathedral, Atelierhaus Salzamt, Stadtwerkstatt and Ars Electronica Center in the city centre will form a second major festival hub. In addition, there are the Tabakfabrik, Francisco Carolinum and OK Linz as well as the Anton Bruckner Private University on the Pöstlingberg.
On our Program page you will find an overview of the programme of the 2022 Ars Electronica Festival. Please also visit our Online Calendar and download the PDF file of our timetable at our Download page. Follow our social media platforms and subscribe to our Newsletter – here we’ll keep you up to date on the latest news about the Ars Electronica Festival 2022! You will then receive a printed programme with your ticket on site.
Tickets for the 2022 Ars Electronica Festival in Linz can be purchased in our online ticket shop. Festival and Day Passes will be offered again this year. For all festival locations please book your ticket online in advance at: https://arselectronica.kupfticket.at/events/. There is also the possibility to buy tickets on site for all festival locations.
It is not possible to pass on the tickets. Please carry proof of identity with you.
Our publications are distributed by the publisher Hatje Cantz and are available from various online retailers. The 2022 Festival catalogue is available in print at: https://www.hatjecantz.de/ars-electronica-2022-festival-for-art-technology-und-society-8329-1.html. It can also be purchased on site at the KEPLER’S GARDENS info desk. On our Download page you can download a free PDF file of it.
Festival in Linz
In case of symptoms of illness (including fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties), we ask you to stay at home! We recommend that you take a voluntary COVID test privately before entering the festival. We also strongly recommend wearing an FFP2 mask. We ask you to inform yourself about the current official measures directly before your visit. Should new legal regulations come into force in the meantime, we will inform you here on a daily basis about the measures introduced.
We will inform early about events with limited seating capacity.
An overview of all locations in Linz, including addresses and opening hours, can be found on ars.electronica.art/planetb/locations/. .
Both the Ars Electronica Center and other festival venues in downtown Linz are largely barrier-free. However, since Ars Electronica also frequently plays host to unusual venues, i.e., venues designed for completely different purposes, it can occasionally happen that exhibition spaces are not accessible without barriers. We ask for your understanding!
We ask all international guests to travel as climate neutral as possible. For this purpose we recommend the great railroad network for our European guests. We recommend wearing a FFP2 mask when using public transport in Austria.
- Your journey to Linz, Austria:
- by train: Take the ÖBB or the Westbahn to Linz main station. All festival locations can be easily reached by tram from the main station.
- by plane: The Blue Danube Airport Linz (LNZ) is located in Hörsching, 10 km from Linz. From there you can reach the city by bus, train or taxi. You can reach Vienna International Airport (VIE) with hourly, direct train connections to Linz. We recommend international guests who cannot avoid flying to offset their greenhouse gas emissions.
- In Linz:
- All festival locations are in and around Linz and can be reached by public transport (tram, bus, train), by bike or on foot.
- by tram: The Festival Mile is located along the central Linz tram axis. You can use all tram lines 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the Linz AG. To visit the festival location Kepler’s Gardens, please use line 1 or 2.
- by bike: If you have the opportunity to travel through Linz by bike, take it! On https://www.radlkarte.at/#linz you can find your optimal way to the locations.
- by car: The address of the main location is Altenbergerstraße 69, 4040 Linz, Austria. Form carpools if possible. ATTENTION: There is no free parking on site, but you can use the paid parking areas of the Johannes Kepler University.
An overview of accommodations / hotels in Linz can be found on the pages of linztourismus.at/hotels. Weekend packages for city travellers are available at linztourismus.at/wochenende. At linztourismus.at/mission you can find out more about the space ticket to “Planet Linz”. We recommend international guests to book their accommodation early and check in advance the entry requirements to Austria.
Create your world is of course be an integral part of Ars Electronica this year as well. As usual, the program will invite children and young people to participate.
We are happy to offer group tours for groups of up to 15 people. Send us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Unfortunately, it is not possible to bring dogs and other pets into the Ars Electronica Festival venues.
Ars Electronica would like to inform you that photos will be taken at this event and published in the media of the organizers, regional media and/or media of the cooperation partners for the purpose of communicating the activities.
If you need an invitation letter for your visa or for presentation to public institutions, please contact us at email@example.com.
In principle, there is no Open Call for the Ars Electronica Festival. All artistic programming decisions are made exclusively by our artistic directors. However, you can still propose your projects:
- You submit your project to the Prix Ars Electronica. The renowned media art prize is the most important project pool for our festival programme – this also applies to projects that do not receive an award in the Prix Ars Electronica! You can find submission info at https://ars.electronica.art/prix
- If you do not want to submit your project or if your project is not eligible for submission, send us info about your work by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be able to implement a festival as extensive as Ars Electronica, we are looking for active support summer after summer. We’re looking for project managers, project assistants, placement staff and technicians! Please follow our job postings at ars.electronica.art/about/careers or send us your application in evidence to email@example.com!