Looking for a quick answer? Just enter keyword here, we show relevant answers:
From September 7 to 11, 2022, the next Ars Electronica Festival will take place as a hybrid format consisting of onsite offerings in Linz, Austria, and several online program points. Numerous exhibitions, concerts, talks, conferences, workshops and guided tours will be part of the program and can once again be increasingly experienced in Linz in 2022. Therefore, we are looking forward to welcoming our international guests in Linz again this year. The individual locations include: Kepler’s Gardens on the campus of Johannes Kepler University (JKU), the Ars Electronica Center, the Lentos Kunstmuseum Linz, Linz Art University, Anton Bruckner Private University and the Atelierhaus Salzamt.
Starting in the summer of 2022, we’ll give you a detailed overview of the Ars Electronica Festival 2022 program here. You’ll find general information on ars.electronica.art/festival. Follow our social media platforms and subscribe to our Newsletter – here we’ll keep you up to date on the latest news about the Ars Electronica Festival 2022!
Tickets for the 2022 Ars Electronica Festival in Linz can be purchased starting from uly 2022 at our online ticket shop. Festival and Day Passes will be offered again this year. Please visit our ticket page from mid-July 2022 at https://ars.electronica.art/festival/en/tickets/. For the festival location Kepler’s Gardens at the JKU Campus please book your ticket online in advance – for all other festival locations with entrance fee, tickets will be sold on site.
It is not possible to pass on the tickets. Please carry proof of identity with you.
We will publish the festival catalog at the end of August 2022. Our publications are distributed by the publisher Hatje Cantz and are available from various online retailers.
Festival in Linz
In coordination with official requirements, the Ars Electronica Festival in Linz will again take measures in 2022 to prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 and the associated health risks. Corresponding measures may change on an ongoing basis and until shortly before the Festival. Therefore, we ask you to inform yourself about the current official measures directly before your visit. Currently, we expressly recommend wearing an FFP2 mask. In view of the current increase in the number of infections and the difficulty in foreseeing developments in the pandemic, we assume that a 3G regulation will be reintroduced in the fall. Please make sure you can show your proof of a complete and valid COVID-19 vaccination, recovery, or test at that time upon entry to the respective festival locations. An already purchased ticket does not entitle to admission in case of 3G regulation! The proof of vaccination is the digital COVID certificate of the EU, for travelers from non-EU countries we ask to show an equivalent proof in English or German language, on which the required data (identification of the person, type of vaccine and date of vaccination) are listed. The proof via a centrally licensed vaccine against COVID-19 takes place through
- Second vaccination, whereby this must not be longer than 180 days ago and at least 14 days must have elapsed between the first and second vaccination.
- Vaccination, provided by a positive molecular biology test at least 21 days prior to vaccination or evidence of neutralizing antibodies prior to vaccination, not to exceed 180 days.
- Vaccination with a 3rd dose: After receiving another vaccination, the validity period of the vaccination certificate is another 270 days.
- Persons who have already been infected with SARS-CoV-2 can prove this with a valid certificate of recovery or a certificate of segregation or a medical confirmation. The proof of recovery is valid for 180 days.
We will inform early about events with limited seating capacity. However, we ask you to book your festival pass or ticket for the festival location Kepler’s Gardens at the JKU campus online in advance.
An overview of all locations in Linz, including addresses and opening hours, can be found from summer 2022.
Both the Ars Electronica Center and other festival venues in downtown Linz are largely barrier-free. However, since Ars Electronica also frequently plays host to unusual venues, i.e., venues designed for completely different purposes, it can occasionally happen that exhibition spaces are not accessible without barriers. We ask for your understanding!
We ask all international guests to travel as climate neutral as possible. For this purpose we recommend the great railroad network for our European guests. Please note to wear a FFP2 mask when using public transport in Austria.
- Your journey to Linz, Austria:
- by train: Take the ÖBB or the Westbahn to Linz main station. All festival locations can be easily reached by tram from the main station.
- by plane: The Blue Danube Airport Linz (LNZ) is located in Hörsching, 10 km from Linz. From there you can reach the city by bus, train or taxi. You can reach Vienna International Airport (VIE) with hourly, direct train connections to Linz. We recommend international guests who cannot avoid flying to offset their greenhouse gas emissions.
- In Linz:
- All festival locations are in and around Linz and can be reached by public transport (tram, bus, train), by bike or on foot.
- by tram: The Festival Mile is located along the central Linz tram axis. You can use all tram lines 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the Linz AG. To visit the festival location Kepler’s Gardens, please use line 1 or 2.
- by bike: If you have the opportunity to travel through Linz by bike, take it! On https://www.radlkarte.at/#linz you can find your optimal way to the locations.
- by car: The address of the main location is Altenbergerstraße 69, 4040 Linz, Austria. Form carpools if possible. ATTENTION: There is no free parking on site, but you can use the paid parking areas of the Johannes Kepler University.
An overview of accommodations in Linz can be found on the pages of linztourismus.at. We recommend international guests to book their accommodation early and check in advance the entry requirements to Austria.
create your world will of course be an integral part of Ars Electronica this year as well. Here, too, you can book tickets in advance starting in summer 2022. As usual, the program will invite children and young people to participate.
We are happy to offer group tours for groups of up to 15 people. Send us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Unfortunately, it is not possible to bring dogs and other pets into the Ars Electronica Festival venues.
Ars Electronica would like to inform you that photos will be taken at this event and published in the media of the organizers, regional media and/or media of the cooperation partners for the purpose of communicating the activities.
Part of the Ars Electronica Festival 2022 will take place online – with Internet access, whether on a smartphone, laptop or desktop computer! Details will be available on our website from summer 2022!
From 7 to 11 September 2022, we will offer a variety of online live events. We will announce details in the summer of 2022.
If you need an invitation letter for your visa or for presentation to public institutions, please contact us at email@example.com.
In principle, there is no Open Call for the Ars Electronica Festival. All artistic programming decisions are made exclusively by our artistic directors. However, you can still propose your projects:
- You submit your project to the Prix Ars Electronica. The renowned media art prize is the most important project pool for our festival programme – this also applies to projects that do not receive an award in the Prix Ars Electronica! You can find submission info at https://ars.electronica.art/prix
- If you do not want to submit your project or if your project is not eligible for submission, send us info about your work by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be able to implement a festival as extensive as Ars Electronica, we are looking for active support summer after summer. We’re looking for project managers, project assistants, placement staff and technicians! Please follow our job postings at ars.electronica.art/about/careers or send us your application in evidence to email@example.com!