Artificial Intelligence & Life Art
Win the Prix Ars Electronica’s Golden Nica, up to 10,000 euros and a prominent appearance at the Ars Electronica Festival with your Artificial Intelligence & Life Art project!
Projects in this category can be submitted for the Prix Ars Electronica starting in Januar 13, 2023.
The category “Artificial Intelligence & Life Art“ is dedicated to artistic practice and thinking related with all areas of Artificial Intelligence and Life Sciences. Eg artwork engaging with Biotech, Genetic Engineering, Synthetic Biology etc as well as Machine Learning, Deep Learning and any other form of Artificial Intelligence Research.
We are also looking for artists who explore the intersections of these areas, such as robotics, androids, prosthetics or projects that address environmental issues, our bio-sphere and biodiversity. Art, science collaborations are of particular interest as are projects that critically reflect the cultural and social significance of AI and Life Sciences, their ethical and philosophical dimension as well as the role of policy makers, governments and the industry.
What can you win?
|1||Golden Nica||Statuette, 10.000 Euro prize money, Award certificate, prominent appearance at the Ars Electronica Festival|
|2||Awards of Distinctions||Award certificate, prominent appearance at the Ars Electronica Festival|
|up to 12||Honorary Mentions||Award certificate|
What should you enter?
In the Artificial Intelligence & Life Art category the following areas are covered…
Art & Science collaboration projects
Machine Intelligence based artworks
Machine Learning based artworks
Robotics / Kinetics
Autonomous Installations / Artworks
Performance and Stageprojects
Media based Interventions in public spaces
Who can submit an entry?
- It is a prerequisite that the projects have already been realized to the extent that they may be judged on the basis of a documentation.
- The work entered must have been created, realized or significantly updated within the last two years.
- Participants may be individuals, groups, institutions, companies etc.
- Exclusively commercially oriented activities in the sense of product advertisement are excluded.
The following materials are needed for the submission. Please note, that the Jury’s decision will be primarily based on the video documentation.
- Video documentation (approx. 3 min.) via upload
- Images of the work (JPG, TIF, BMP, PNG at maximum quality. Compressed file (like .zip .lzh file) is not acceptable.)
- Detailed description of the artistic concept, the essentials of how the work functions and technical realization (Since a presentation of an outstanding interactive work naturally also depends on the technical requirements for on-site realization, please include information that is as specific as possible about technical (Hardware/Software) and spatial requirements, as well as what you could contribute to a presentation of your work and what would need to be provided by the Ars Electronica.)
- A portrait photo and biography of the artist(s)
- Optional: additional material (images/documents(PDF)/drawings(JPG, PDF))
Submission Deadline: March 3, 2023
All entries will be judged by a Jury of experts in the order of their arrival. In addition to the works entered by participants, each Jury may also nominate other works.