Win 20.000 Euros and present your work at the 2024 Ars Electronica Festival!
S+T+ARTS (Science, Technology and Arts) is an initiative of the European Commission to foster alliances of technology and artistic practice. As part of this initiative, the S+T+ARTS Prize awards the most pioneering collaborations and results in the field of creativity and innovation at the crossings of science and technology with the arts.
The S+T+ARTS Prize of the European Commission is launched by Ars Electronica and the consortium partners INOVA+, French Tech Grand Provence, Media Solutions Center Baden-Württemberg, Salzburg Festival, Sonar, T6Ecosystems and Kustodie at TUD Dresden University of Technology.
Grand prize of the European Commission honoring innovation in technology, industry and society stimulated by the arts
Since 2016, more than 200 projects out of 14.291 submissions from 96 different countries have been honored and a total of 320,000€ in prize money has been distributed in the S+T+ARTS Prize competition.
Two prizes, each with €20,000 prize money, are offered to honor innovative projects at the intersection of science, technology and the arts. In addition the prizewinners will be supported in presenting their work at the 2024 Ars Electronica Festival in Linz, Austria.
- Grand Prize – Innovative Collaboration
honors innovative collaboration between industry or technology and the artistic (and creative) sectors that open up new avenues for innovation
- Grand Prize – Artistic Exploration
honors artistic research and works whose adoption by the arts has great potential to influence or change the use, application, or perception of technology
What can be submitted?
- Groundbreaking collaborations and projects driven by both technology and the arts. Purely artistic or technologically driven projects are not the focus of this competition.
- All forms of artistic works and practices with a strong link to innovation in technology, business and/or society; furthermore, S+T+ARTS is not restricted to a particular genre such as media art and digital art.
- All types of technological and scientific research and development that has been inspired by art or involves artists as catalysts of novel thinking.
- The jury is looking forward to receiving submissions from a broad variety of fields and disciplines. Among others, projects from the areas of new media applications, human computer interaction, machine learning, biotechnology, art & science, green technologies, material research, smart cities and citizen empowerment, robotics, quantum technology and many more are very welcome to apply.
- For inspiration, have a look at our broad range of winners, honorary mentions and nominations of the past years.
Who can enter?
Artists/creative professionals or the researchers/companies involved from throughout the world; S+T+ARTS is not limited to citizens of EU-member states.
When can be submitted?
The submission process for the S+T+ARTS Prize 2024 starts on January 9, 2024 and will end on March 11, 2024 (extended submission deadline).
When and how does the jury reach its decision?
The jury convenes from April 25, 2024 to April 28, 2024. All S+T+ARTS Prize 2024 winners will be notified by Mid-June 2024 at the latest.
According to which criteria are the entries judged?
- Quality of the artistic research and its potential influence on technology
- Quality and success of the collaboration between art and technology
- Quality and intensity of the connection to innovation, education, social inclusion or sustainability
- Quality and implementation of the European Dimension of the submitted project
- General criteria such as aesthetics, originality, convincing concept, innovation and the technique and quality of the presentation
Where and when will the winning projects be presented?
At the Ars Electronica Festival in September 2024 in Linz, Austria, at various exhibitions and events of the consortium partners worldwide.