We are looking for sparkling, fresh and new project ideas! In 2024, Ars Electronica collaborates with the Taiwan Creative Content Agency (TAICCA) to jointly organize the TAICCA x Ars Electronica Art Thinking program. The aim is to support creative makers with training and mentoring in developing a prototype of an immersive experience, performance or installation.
Apply to the open call with an idea. 25 applicants will be selected to participate in a one-week program consisting of pitching training, expert talks, mentoring sessions and Art Thinking workshops. After this one-week program, the participants can revise their project proposal and apply again for a prototype production grant. One project will win this grant including mentoring sessions with Ars Electronica experts and production support for the first showing at the Ars Electronica Festival 2024 and more.
Amid various technological changes, creators push the boundaries in cultural tech, and accelerate evolutions in the ecosystem. The workshop included Taiwanese and international partners to explore pathways in cultural tech together with the participants. The expected topics include “Interdisciplinary Collaboration and Interactive Experience,” “Immersive Experience,” “Keynote Speech,” and “Case Studies and Group Discussions,” among other subjects.
What are we calling for?
- Applicants profile:
- Applicants from Taiwanese companies, foundations, associations, universities, academic research institutions, or groups based in Taiwan are appointed, with each unit allowed to appoint a maximum of two representatives.
- Participants could be Taiwanese creators invested in the cultech creation with at least a first professional experience in the digital interactive design or immersive field, and must be speaking English.
- Eligible projects:
- Creative concepts for immersive experiences, installations, performances, screenings, or interventions from.
- The project can be a next iteration of an existing work or a new idea.
- The aim of the project could be to critically question technological developments and tools around the following keywords: AI, digital humanism, sustainability, transparency, global equity, and inclusion.
- Selected participants for phase 1:
- One week Art Thinking program of at least 6 sessions. The program will be conducted in English, and will take place in Taiwan.
- 2024 Ars Electronica festival tickets.
- Selected project for phase 2:
- Production grant of 1,200,000 NTD (approximately 35,000 EURO)
- Mentoring sessions: by Ars Electronica Experts and Ars Electronica Festival production team.
- Production support for Ars Electronica Festival in Linz, including production support, mentioning in Festival catalog and on website, networking opportunities on site.