Enter keyword and select question:
The regular opening hours of the museum are:
- MON: closed (also on public holidays)
- TUE — FRI: 10:00 — 17:00
- SAT — SUN: 10:00 — 17:00
For the latest updates on opening hours, go to Tickets & Opening Hours
The Entrance fee is 12 €, with discount 10 €. There are also special rates. Find details here: Tickets & Opening hours. The entrance tickets are valid, during the opening hours, 24 hours. So, for example, if you buy a ticket in the afternoon, you can visit the museum the next morning again.
Pupils, apprentices, students (up to 26 years of age), senior citizens (over 65 years of age), civil and military servants, people with disabilities and Ö1 Club members can receive reduced tickets. There are also special rates for families, groups of 12 or more, school classes and kindergarten groups. Admission is free for children up to 6 years of age, employees of ORF Upper Austria, media representatives with press passes and certified austriaguides, holders of the Linz Card or LINZ KULTURCARD 365, holders of the Culture Pass “Hunger auf Kunst und Kultur” and holders of an ICOM Card.
Yes, you have the opportunity several times a day to approach the thematic focuses of the exhibitions from different perspectives:
- Use the Highlight Tours led by our info trainers to navigate through the wide range of topics. Each highlight tour is unique, as it does not follow a fixed itinerary and new aspects open up during each tour in a personal exchange with the info trainers.
- Especially for families there is the Family Tour, where our youngest visitors can give free rein to their spirit of exploration and discovery.
- If you would like to discover the museum together with a larger group, you can book an appointment under +43.732.7272.0 or email@example.com.
- You can find more guided tours on our website – and of course you can also explore the museum freely and learn more about the topics and projects in an exchange with our info trainers.
This varies and is based on how much time you have – you can experience the highlights as part of a guided tour, which lasts 1.5 hours, or spend the whole day in the museum.
There are no restrictions – you can visit the museum even shortly before the end of the opening hours. The entrance tickets are valid for 24 hours during the opening hours, so you can use the same ticket for the entrance the next day.
There are no age restrictions – the museum is aimed at people of all ages and our info trainers convey the topics and content in an age-appropriate way for the youngest and oldest visitors.
We generally recommend that you travel by public transport, bicycle or on foot.
There are 118 parking spaces available on the area of the Linzer Urfahranermarkts (if the area is not used for a big event). A 24-hour ticket costs 12 Euros, a 2-hour ticket 2,50 Euros and a 6-hour ticket 6 Euros. Guests of the restaurant CUBUS, residents and night owls also have the possibility to park their car from 6 PM to 8 AM the following day for 2,50 Euros.
Photographs and filming are permitted and encouraged!
However, avoid flash photography and please ask the info trainers and the other visitors themselves first if you would like to photograph or film them.
Lockers are available in the foyer. You will need to bring change (1 € or 2 € coin) to insert as a deposit.
We offer barrier-free access for people in wheelchairs.
No animals (except assistance dogs) are permitted in the museum.
- If you have symptoms of illness (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties), we ask you to stay at home.
- We ask our visitors in advance for discipline in complying with the protective measures in the sense of personal responsibility and responsibility towards our fellow human beings.
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds and use our disinfectant dispensers.
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your arm or a handkerchief.
- Pay as cashless as possible. You can also buy tickets online in advance: arselectronicacenter.kupfticket.at