Immersive media let us dive deep into images and videos – sometimes to the point where we completely forget the world around us. In order to transform this new kind of media from a niche phenomenon to widespread practice, the Ars Electronica Futurelab and four partners from all over Europe are working on a common research project, Immersify.
At the Panel Discussion at the Open Futurelab, project partners and involved artists gather to speak about the new generation of immersive media applications.
The contents of Immersify will be shown at screenings at Deep Space 8K at the Ars Electronica Center; an 8K streaming will take place in the same location on Friday, September 7. Additionally, project partner PSNC is showing an audio installation at the Train Hall Foyer:
- Mauricio Alvarez Mesa (DE/COL), Spin Digital
- Tadej Droljc (SI), Artist
- William Trossell (UK), ScanLab Projects
- Theresa Schubert (DE/AT), Artist
- Martin Heck (DE), Timestorm Films
- Roland Haring (AT), Ars Electronica Futurelab