2023 Ars Electronica Festival
Photo: tom mesic
From Wednesday, September 6, through Sunday, September 10, 2023, the next Ars Electronica Festival will take place at multiple locations in the city of Linz, Austria.
The program includes numerous exhibitions, concerts, talks, conferences, workshops and guided tours. In 2023, a total of seven locations in the Linz city area will be used for the festival – first and foremost the Ars Electronica Center and POSTCITY at Linz Main Station. Other festival hubs include the St. Mary’s Cathedral, the University of Arts Linz, the Atelierhaus Salzamt, LENTOS Kunstmuseum, Tabakfabrik, Stadtwerkstatt and Anton Bruckner Private University at the foot of the Pöstlingberg. You can find out more on our Locations page.
The detailed 2023 festival program will be available on this website from the beginning of August. In the coming months, we’ll be providing information about the first program points and highlights. A general overview of what you can expect at the Ars Electronica Festival can be found at ars.electronica.art/festival. In the meantime, follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter!
Tickets for the 2023 Ars Electronica Festival in Linz will be available for purchase in our Online Ticket Shop starting in mid-July. Festival and day passes will be offered again this year. It’s also possible to buy tickets on site at the Infodesk in POSTCITY.
It is not possible to pass on the tickets. Please bring proof of identity with you.
Our publications will be distributed by the publishing house Hatje Cantz and will be available at various online bookstores and during the festival at POSTCITY from the end of August 2023. In our download section we will offer this for free download as a PDF file.
Festival in Linz
You can find an overview of all locations in Linz on our Locations page. We will announce further details such as the exact addresses and opening hours in the summer of 2023.
The Ars Electronica Center, parts of POSTCITY and other festival venues in Linz are largely barrier-free. However, since Ars Electronica also frequently plays host to unusual venues (i.e., venues designed for completely different purposes), it can occasionally happen that exhibition spaces are not accessible without barriers. We ask for your understanding!
We ask all international guests to travel as climate neutral as possible. For our European guests we recommend the great rail network.
Your journey to Linz, Austria:
- By train: Take the ÖBB or the Westbahn to Linz main station. All festival locations can be easily reached by streetcar from the main station. You can find information about your train connection on www.oebb.at.
- By plane: Blue Danube Airport Linz (LNZ) is located in Hörsching, 10 km from Linz. From there you can reach the city by bus, train or cab. Vienna International Airport (VIE) can be reached by direct train connections to Linz every hour. We recommend international guests who cannot avoid flying to offset their greenhouse gas emissions. For example, with a donation to Climate Austria to support Austrian environmental protection projects.
In Linz: All festival locations are in Linz and can be reached by public transport (streetcar, bus, train), by bike or on foot.
- By streetcar: The Festival Mile is located along the central Linz streetcar axis. You can use all streetcar lines 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the Linz AG. All bus and streetcar lines can be found on the Linz AG timetable.
- By bike: If you have the opportunity, visit us by bike! On https://www.radlkarte.at/#linz you can find your optimal way to the locations. You can also rent a bike at city bike Linz.
- By cab: Several cab companies will take you around the city in Linz – for example Taxi 6969 at +43.732.6969 or Taxi 2244 at +43.732.2244 as well as the “Anrufsammeltaxi” (AST) of Linz AG at night at +43.732.661266.
- By car: The address of POSTCITY is Bahnhofplatz 11, 4020 Linz, Austria. You can reach POSTCITY via Waldeggstraße (B 139). ATTENTION: There are no free parking spaces on site! We therefore recommend these parking garages in the vicinity: Garage Train station – Wissensturm Linz, Main Station Parkdeck, Train station Landesdienstleistungszentrum. Form carpools if possible! Or use (e-)car sharing or a rental car from tim – täglich.intelligent.mobil of Linz AG Linien as an alternative to a private car.
An overview of accommodations and hotels in Linz can be found on the pages of linztourismus.at/hotels. At linztourismus.at/wochenende weekend packages for city travelers are available. We recommend that international guests book their accommodation early and check the entry requirements to Austria in advance.
create your world is naturally an essential component of Ars Electronica this year as well. As usual, the program will invite children and young people to participate.
We are happy to offer group tours for groups of up to 15 people. Send us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Unfortunately, it is not possible to bring dogs and other pets into the Ars Electronica Festival venues. However, assistance dogs are allowed.
Ars Electronica would like to inform you that photos will be taken at this event and published in the media of the organizers, regional media or media of the cooperation partners for the purpose of communicating the activities.
The current legal situation allows an unrestricted festival visit. In case of symptoms of illness (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties) we ask you to stay at home! Should new legal regulations come into force in the meantime, we will inform you here on a daily basis about the measures that have been introduced.
In our press area journalists and content creators can get accredited for the 2023 Ars Electronica Festival and get in touch with us.
If you need an invitation letter for your visa or for presentation to public institutions, please contact us at email@example.com.
In principle, there is no Open Call for the Ars Electronica Festival. All artistic programming decisions are made exclusively by our artistic directors. But you can still propose your projects:
Submit your project to the Prix Ars Electronica. The prestigious Media Art Prize is the most important project pool for our festival program; this also applies to projects that do not receive an award in the Prix Ars Electronica! You’ll find information about submitting your project at https://ars.electronica.art/prix
If you do not want to submit your project or if your project is not eligible for submission, please send us information about your work by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be able to realize a festival as extensive as Ars Electronica, we’re on the lookout for energetic support summer after summer. We’re looking for project managers, project assistants, placement personnel and technicians! Please follow our job postings on ars.electronica.art/about/careers or send us your application in evidence to email@example.com!
Ars Electronica has had one of the world’s most comprehensive archives of media art since 1979. Feel free to contact us in the course of your research. More info on ars.electronica.art/archive.
Contact the Ars Electronica Festival team at firstname.lastname@example.org! Questions about tickets can also be sent to email@example.com.